Saturday, September 7, 2013

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend: Health and Fitness Expo

Good evening! Today's post will be the first of the many posts about the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend. I had such a great time and can't wait to share it with you all.

My family and I arrived on the Thursday before the race. We stayed at one of Disneyland's friendly neighborhood hotels, the Holliday Inn. It was about a seven minute walk from Downtown Disney. On Friday, we walked over to the Disneyland Hotel and went straight to packet pick-up. Since we had printed our waivers before the trip, picking up our packets went very smoothly!
Going underground to pick up our packets.
Our packets included the race number, bag check number, and the Disneyland Half Marathon pin I had ordered when I registered for the race.

Next, we went upstairs and checked out the expo!
At the Angels booth
Checking out the medal!

At the expo we also picked up our race shirts! At first I wasn't too please about the color orange, but once I put it on it actually wasn't that bad!
Enjoying a Dole Whip in my race shirt.
I was going to get the really cute "I did it!" shirt at the expo. We planned to revisit the expo on Saturday and buy the shirt (since the checkout line was very, very long on Friday). Unfortunately, I thought the expo closed at 8. We showed up there at 6 and the whole runDisney merchandise was completely gone. Turns out the expo had closed at 5!! I was completely upset. Does anyone happen to know where I could get any merchandise of runDisney online? This hiccup has taught me that I need to buy things right when I see them at the Nike Women's half marathon expo!

Other than not getting what would have been my favorite shirt of all time, the expo was pretty great. Thanks runDisney for a great day!

QOTD: Have you ever missed an opportunity at a race event?



No comments:

Post a Comment