Monday, April 15, 2013

Upcoming Races (Part 3 of 3)

San Francisco Nike Women's Half Marathon

Today I'm sharing one of the races I will be doing later this year. The San Francisco Nike Women's Half Marathon. The race features a marathon and half marathon but I'm just doing the half. I'm really excited about this race! 

Some of you may know that it is not guaranteed that everyone who signs up can get into this race. They pick runners by a lottery system. This is a very popular race so hopefully I will be able to get in! As seen in the picture above, this is the 10th anniversary of this race. That just adds to the popularity of the race. I'm now praying that I can get into this race. 


The race starts in Union Square right next to the race expo. Then the runner travel by the bay and into the many hills and hills and hills. That is the number one thing that I am nervous about. The dreaded hills. And SF has many of them. I heard that there is a moment where it's just 3-4 miles of all hills. YIKES! Better start training for hills or else I think I might die. 

I thought that the most interesting thing about this race is the bra exchange. During the race, there is spot where Nike gives you a free sports bra. The catch is that you have to change in it right then and there. They give a changing room of course, but it does add some extra minutes to your time. I will definitely do the bra exchange (who doesn't want a free bra?) but that's mainly because I know I won't care about my time that much since the hills will already be setting me back. 


And of course, the number one thing that is on everyone's mind when they think of Nike races is the bling. Because it's not just any bling, it's a Tiffany and Co. necklace. Now that is bling. And to add to that, firefighters dressed up in tuxes give you that perfect little Tiffany blue box. That sounds perfect to me! 

I'm really hoping that I will get picked to run this race. It seems very fun and enjoyable! Can't wait :) 


QOTD: Have you ever ran in a Nike Race? Have you ever ran in a race with lots of hills? 


No comments:

Post a Comment