Saturday, June 1, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend: Part 2

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is enjoying this day of rest. Yesterday I talked about the first Cardinals game we went to. Well the next day, we went to the second game of the series. It was in the outfield again and it was a day game. Which means it was HOT! I reapplied sunscreen so many times I can't even count.

The game was at four but all of us kids wanted to go to batting practice so we left at around one to head to Dodger Stadium.




Game 2 was also a bobble head night. The first 50,000 fans would get a Jamie Jarrin bobble head as they walked through the gates. Jamie Jarrin was the Dodgers' Spanish broadcaster. Since I am not a Dodgers fan, I didn't really care for it. But as I entered the park, they did not hand me a bobble head. So I headed back a few steps to get one. As I was doing this, a couple Dodger fans came up to my three other siblings and asked them if they wanted a Carlos Beltran bobble head. They had been to a St. Louis game the week before and gotten three Carlos Beltran bobble heads and we were willing to trade with us. In a split second, the trade was over and I had just come back! I was pretty darn mad! I could've gotten a Carlos Beltran bobble head if the workers would've giving me the regular bobble head in the first place! But anyways, after a while of being mad, I decided I could just sell the Jamie Jarrin bobble head and get a good amount of money.

The actual baseball game didn't go too well. Cardinals lost 5-3. We still hit well but we just didn't have control over Adrian Gonzalez. That guy was literally on fire during the whole series! It was crazy. We all had lots of fun despite the loss.

QOTD: What is your favorite sports team?

No comments:

Post a Comment